INTERACTIVE WIFI/HOT-SPOT MAPS:
For an interactive map of Wifi hotspots throughout the state, click HERE or on the map below.
The University of Arizona has established drive-up locations across the state for students to learn remotely. Click HERE or on the preview below for drive-up locations.
A list of wifi access points in the district:
Larson Memorial Public Library - WiFi is available to the public 24/7 from the parking lot at 1595 Johnson Dr. in Lakeside.
Round Valley Schools - WiFi is available via most Round Valley school parking lots.
Round Valley Public Library - 179 S Main St, Eagar, AZ
Show Low Public Library - WiFi is available to the public 24/7 from the parking lot at 181 N. 9th St.
Snowflake-Taylor Public Library - WiFi is available to the public 27/7 from the parking lot at 418 West 4th St S, Snowflake.
Sparklight - WiFi hotspot can be accessed in the Sparklight local office parking lot at 1341 E. Thornton Drive in Show Low.
St. Johns High School - WiFi can be accessed from the High School parking lot.
St. Johns Public Library - 35 South 3rd West, St. Johns. (All Apache County Public Library WiFi hours are from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT PROGRAM:
H.R. 133, the joint Omnibus/COVID-19 package passed in December, established and funded an Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program through the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The FCC is in the final stages of creating the program.
What will be available under the EBB Program?
- $50 off of a monthly internet bill. That benefit will increase to $75 for members on tribal lands.
- Eligible households can also get $100 off a laptop, desktop, or tablet. However, there are limitations to this piece and you must purchase the device through the provider (not through a retailer like Best Buy or Wal Mart)
Who will be eligibile?
- A person in that household has suffered a significant loss of income during the pandemic (through furlous, layoff, or are otherwise on state unemployment)
- A person in the household qualifies for free or reduced lunch
- They are already on the lifeline program
- They already qualify for a provider’s low cost program (Comcast has an Internet Essentials program for example)
- Someone in the home is on receives SNAP benefits or is on Medicaid
For more information, visit the FCC's webpage about the program, HERE.
Sign up to become an outreach partner HERE.